Why join KAOS?
KAOS was set up by artists for artists. We hold regular exhibitions, social events and Open Studios designed to network, raise our profile and sell our work.
Membership is only £30 per year, which covers the costs of setting up and maintaining the website and organising and publicising KAOS events. (KAOS is run by a committee of volunteers who are all practising artists and makers who give up
their time free of charge).
KAOS members benefit from the following:
• An entry on the KAOS website with an image and description of your work, contact details and links to your own website and social media.
• Discounted fee to take part in our annual Open Studios weekends in June each year.
• Invitation to apply to take part in KAOS exhibitions and events subject to hanging fees.
• Network with other artists and makers in Kingston at our regular social events and through our website and Facebook page.
• Receive 20% off Art Web.com websites and discounts from local picture framers.
What does KAOS ask from you in return?
• Contribute to the organisation and promotion of KAOS events before each event you are taking part in.
• Help man exhibitions on a rota to fit in with your other commitments. This normally only requires a few hours from each of us and is also usually good fun.
So how can you join KAOS?
New membership applications are considered once a year in early September.
Please read the Selection criteria before applying.
To consider your application the selection committee will need to see the following:
• A completed Application form with artist’s statement and CV
• Your statement needs to include details of what you will be able to bring to the KAOS community and what your expectations are from the group.
• A website address if possible for the committee to view your wider body of work. If you do not have a website, please arrange an alternative digital method of showing your work, such as online via Instagram or as a pdf file emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Three pieces of work in original form must be delivered just prior to the committee’s meeting.
(No reproductions or photographs except in exceptional circumstances)
For more information about applying for membership please email Caroline Calascione on email@example.com